Blue Ridge Classic Soap Box Derby
Important Information 2017
What: Blue Ridge Soap Box Derby Classic
Date: Saturday, May 6 AT 7:30AM
Location: Main Street and Church Street, Downtown Waynesboro, VA
Register: PRE-Registration ONLY. Print the registration form.
Registration deadline: April 5, 2017
What: Mandatory Clinic: (1st Clinic)
Date: April 5, 2017
Location: Kate Collins Middle School in Waynesboro, VA
Final registration begins at 6:00 P.M. Registration fee is $60.00 this night.
So, I want to race. What's next?
1. Download and fill out registration form (PDF). Bring with you to the mandatory clinic.
2. Determine which type of car you want to race. See FAQ for help.
3. Begin looking for a sponsor. See FAQ for more information.
4. Attend first clinic at Kate Collins Middle School in Waynesboro on April 5, 2017 at 6pm.
This clinic is mandatory for all racers and families. It is also the last night for registration.
If you have questions, please contact Anthony Marshall at 540-649-1507 or Joe Kaminski at 540-476-3333.
5. Attend 2nd Clinic on April 12th – 6:30 P.M. – Location will be Kate Collins Middle School in Waynesboro.
6. Attend 3rd Clinic on April 19th – 6:30 P.M. – Location wil be announced at first cliinic.
7. Attend Inspection and Impoundment on April 22nd– 9:00 A.M. – at the South River Complex. You must arrive by 1:00 P.M.
8. Attend Heat and Lane drawing April 26th – 6:30 P.M. – Waynesboro Moose Lodge.
9. RACE DAY is May 6th on Main Street and Church Street at 7:30AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. Awards – immediately after the race conclusion (approximately 4:00 P.M.) – at the corner of Main and Church Streets at the top of the race track. Drivers and their families are invited to the awards presentatoin.