SATURDAY - double and single elimination races
SUNDAY - double and single elimination races
for Stock, Super Stock and Masters divisions if there enough Masters cars.
Registration costs: $35 per race and $25 per race for each sibling
A slight price break will be given if paying for all four races - $125 for the first racer. (Pre-registration is not required but recommended to help with car counts and paperwork processing)
Please bring your car ready to race adhering to All American race rules. Please ensure there is no nose gap between the body and floorboard. Presenting your car for competition signifies that you understand and abide to the rules stated by the Soap Box Derby.
Trophies will be awarded to the top eight finishes (or half of the field if less than 8) for each of the three races.
7:30 am Volunteers are asked to arrive to assist with pre-race set up
8:00 am Scales open
Track set up will begin. Any help is appreciated
8:30 am Registration closes
8:00-9:00 Drivers get official weigh-in as soon as possible and prior to the first round
A trial run will be mandatory for first time drivers. We will start at half-track and then from the ramps.
9:00 am Driver and parent meeting
~ 9:15 am Races start. Eye protection is advised in all racing conditions.
Two heat competition: Races will have a lane swap, racing on both the right and left lanes. After the 1st heat, there will be 2-4-2 wheel swap.
Maximum weight with driver is 200 lbs. for Stock and 240 for Super Stock.
Maximum tail weight is 15 pounds. Max tail in Stock is 107.5 and 127.5 for Super Stock in racing position. Masters max is 255 and 135 max tail.
After each run: families are asked to help unload cars at the top of the track and perform wheel swaps. Advice will be provided for new families.
- Pits will be on the asphalt area.
- Fixed weight bolts should be cut for safety prior to arriving if possible.
- Any bolts must be cut before racing starts.
- Bring any needed equipment and allow plenty of time if need be.
- Please bring any extra parts and spare brake pads that you may need. A limited number of brake pads will be for sale at the concession booth for $7.50.
- Adjustments are permitted between rounds. Please limit lubrication use to lighter fluid only. Oil attracts dirt and we have a very dusty environment. Lighter fluid use cannot be done between phases, only between rounds. Officials will clean wheels with extraordinary oil. Oil on spindles is not permitted and will be cleaned when reported.
- Cars can be covered in the pits and it is suggested to cover the weights in the pits to keep the seating area cool prior to the wheel swap.
- Weight adjustments can be made but as time allows. If weight adjustments are made, a total re-weigh with car and driver and tail weight will have to be performed.
SAFETY Please park your vehicles in the dirt lot and keep traffic aisles open.
Please do not park vehicles against the south side of the pits against the log barriers as it blocks the Emergency Vehicle land. It would be much appreciated if you would move your vehicle to the parking lot after unloading.
Races will be run in the weather as long as it is safe.
- Shade is recommended.
- Food will be available for purchase.
- Bleachers will be in place for viewing the race this year!
- Please feel free to put up tents in the pits on the far North and South sides against the log parking blocks leaving the center aisle open.
- Trailers can be parked overnight in the dirt area to the south of the pits. The Fairground gates are open at all times currently due to construction and security is at your own risk.
Camping hookups are available. Please call the Fairgrounds office for more info. Phone:(303) 795-4955
Please contact us directly if there are any questions. Thanks for coming!
“Buzz” Pankoff Bob Stander