Columbus Soap Box Derby
The Soap Box Derby is a youth racing program open to any child at least 7 years of age and not yet age 21. Children compete by driving their racers in one of three levels of gravity powered racing cars built from kits purchased from the All-American Soap Box Derby.
2020 Racing Season in Columbus
- March 21, 2020 10am - 2pm: Information Clinic. Learn how to get started. Details TBA.
- April 4, 2020 Noon - 4pm: Test Drive Fun Day. Come to the track, sign a waiver, and experience the thrill of derby racing.
- April 25,26 2020 All Day: Spring Rally Races. The best cars and drivers in the Midwest converge in Columbus to compete for rally points to qualify for the All American race in Akron. Two races each day in Stock, Superstock, and Masters divsions.
- May 9, 2020 All Day: Columbus Area Championships. The winners in the Stock, Superstock, and Masters divisions represent Columbus in the All American race in Akron.
- Sept 19, 2020 All Day: Autumn Rally Races. Kick-off a new season of rally racing. Two races on Saturday only. (date not yet confirmed with Akron).
Interested in Racing?
We'll help you get started. Boys and girls ages 7-19 are eligible to compete in three divisions. Our club has cars to help you get started. Or purchase a used or new car yourself. We have mentors to guide you. Just contact email@example.com .
Want to Get Your Business Involved?
Grant your employees with kids an incredible benefit by sponsoring their racing pursuit! Or just sponsor any deserving family. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Congrats 2019 Columbus Champions
Stock - Landon Shaw - 8th Place
Superstock- Taran Harper
Masters - Veronica Watson - 5th Place
All Star Rally Masters: Nick Hubbell - 3rd Place
Watch video highlights of their amazing experience in Akron
- National News
- Soap Box Derby Receives Grant From Akron Community FoundationThe International Soap Box Derby (ISBD) has receiv…
- Schools Competed in The Soap Box Derby’s Gravity Racing Challenge STEM Team High School Competition Presented by The University of Akron College of EngineeringMore than 200 students from 17 teams competed in t…