Williamsport Soap Box Derby
Williamsport Soap Box Derby prepares for 2021 Race
The Steering Committee of the Williamsport Soap Box Derby is preparing for the 2021 local race scheduled for Saturday, June 12, 2021. Following safety guidelines established by Soap Box Derby International and local officials, the race will be held.
CAR BUILD: Saturday, May 8th (Watch this video to learn about build day https://youtu.be/RFTaCMX7BRg )
FINAL WEIGH IN & IMPOUND DAY: Saturday, June 5th
RACE DAY: Saturday, June 12th
Some race spots are still available. If interested contact Jessica Bower, email@example.com
Williamsport Soap Box Derby Eligibility Requirements
- Resident of Lycoming County
- Between the ages of 7-20 years old
- Completed registration and volunteer waiver forms
- Attend Construction Clinic
- Accompanied by parent/guardian/mentor
- Follow rules established by the All American Soap Box Derby (AASBD) & Williamsport Soap Box Derby (WSBD)
- $20 registration fee, if the driver competes Race Day and meets all requirements - registration fee is refundable
2 Divisions of Racing
Stock Division (200 lbs) - For drivers age 7-13. Stock cars can accommodate a driver up to approximately 5'3" tall and 125 pounds. Car and driver must weigh 200 lbs.
Super Stock Division (240 lbs) - For drivers age 9-18. Super Stock cars can accommodate a driver up to approximately 6'11" tall and 150 pounds. Car and driver must weigh 240 lbs.
Masters Division (255 lbs) - For drivers age 10-20. Masters cars can accommodate a driver up to approximately 6'10" tall and 160 pounds. This division requires experienced drivers, preference for former champions of the WSBD. Car and driver must weigh 255 lbs.
2019 Stock Champion
7th Place All-American
2019 Super Stock Champion
2018 Stock Champion
2018 Super Stock Champion
Facebook ~ scroll down to bottom of the page and click on our facebook icon!