Blue Ridge Classic Soap Box Derby
Important Information 2019
What: Blue Ridge Soap Box Derby Classic
Date: Saturday, June 15 AT 7:30AM
Location: Main Street and Church Street, Downtown Waynesboro, VA
Register: PRE-Registration ONLY. Print the registration form.
Registration deadline: May 1, 2019
What: Mandatory Clinic: (1st Clinic)
Date: May 1, 2019
Location: Kate Collins Middle School in Waynesboro, VA
Final registration begins at 6:00 P.M. Registration fee is $60.00 this night.
So, I want to race. What's next?
1. Download and fill out registration form (PDF). Bring with you to the mandatory clinic.
2. Determine which type of car you want to race. See FAQ for help.
3. Begin looking for a sponsor. See FAQ for more information.
4. Attend first clinic at Kate Collins Middle School in Waynesboro on May 1, 2019 at 6pm.
This clinic is mandatory for all racers and families. It is also the last night for registration.
If you have questions, please contact Anthony Marshall at 540-649-1507 or Joe Kaminski at 540-476-3333.
5. Attend 2nd Clinic on May 8th – 6:30 P.M. – Location will be Kate Collins Middle School in Waynesboro.
6. Attend 3rd Clinic on May 15th – 6:30 P.M. – Location wil be announced at first cliinic.
7. Attend Inspection and Impoundment on June 1st– 9:00 A.M. – at the South River Complex. You must arrive by 1:00 P.M.
8. Attend Heat and Lane drawing June 5th – 6:30 P.M. – Waynesboro Moose Lodge.
9. RACE DAY is June 15th on Main Street and Church Street at 7:30AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. Awards – immediately after the race conclusion (approximately 4:00 P.M.) – at the Main Street United Methodist Church at the top of the race track. Drivers and their families are invited to the awards presentatoin.